Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cute things & Osvald, My Baby

I'm writing this entry on my new, teensy tiny laptop (which is so cute it's ridiculous. Is it weird to hug a computer?) and it's got me in the most squishy, girly, cute hunting mood.
Cookie cutters from cachalot.jp

The couple that wear adorable hats together...stays together? From youmightlikethis.com

Adorable illustrations by Jessica Hische. Have a look at her site, her pictures are cute and funny and clever.


Sometimes my cat has has makes funny meows and squeaks in her sleep, I think it's because she's dreaming. I thought it was the cutest thing ever. Until I saw this bunny....

The person that posted the video had the include a disclaimer because people were concerned the rabbit had breathing problems because it was snuffling and squeaking away. I suppose it's kind of like the rabbit version of snoring and sleep talking though?

Finally, my baby laptop...the keyboard is much, MUCH smaller than I'm used to (it's about a third of the size of a normal keyboard) so I'm making typos left, right and center but it's got all the applications I need, comes with a built in web cam (great for Skype!) and has 160GB storage. Basically, it's a good laptop for school or Uni because it's very small, has enough room for all the apps I need, has a built in modem and can be hooked up to a regular keyboard and screen when I want to work in full size. Oh, and it was only $599 Australian. Wow, I am such a nerd.
I even named it. It's called Osvald, because he has the neat, minimalistic yet highly functional qualities of Swedish design. If he were a person he'd be a hot blond with slightly androgynous features, great glasses and a wardrobe filled with Comme des Garçons. He's the computer version of Ikea.

No comments: