Sunday, March 8, 2009

Homesick

I am part of the sun as my eye is part of me. That I am part of the earth my feet know perfectly, and my blood is part of the sea.
D.H. Lawrence

This weekend my Dad is back in New Zealand and it has me feeling incredibly homesick. Sometimes my heart aches for home. I’ve lived in Australia for a long time now but I still feel the most overwhelming attachment to the place I was born, as all people do. I never really had a chance to say goodbye to my home, we left thinking we’d be here for three months and 13 years later we’re still here. My pets have died, my house has been sold and I think I may always be slightly melancholic when it comes to New Zealand. In a way it’s actually comforting to know that my love for that country might never go away.

So, here is one of the main reasons I am so hopelessly in love with the Waitakere Ranges……it is BEAUTIFUL.

GibbonsWaitakere

Waitakere_Forest_n

PC300033

No comments: