Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hafiz of Shiraz

I only have one week left in the UAE. I’m terrified, my anxiety has skyrocketed. Absolutely through the roof. I’m trying to take deep breaths and concentrate on getting rid of all the negative thoughts but it’s kind of like machine gun fire. My Mum says I should accept that even if I didn’t have an anxiety disorder I would be nervous about my first long flight on my own. I guess that’s true.

Onto Hafiz/Hafez, one of the best things we were introduced to in Iran. He was a poet (1315-1390) and we were told that you’ll find a copy of The Divan of Hafiz on every book shelf in Iran. He wrote so beautifully about love and life and his proverbs are quoted in everyday life.

“We have come into this exquisite world to experience ever and ever more deeply our divine courage, freedom and light!”

“This sky where we live is no place to lose your wings so love, love love.”

“Ever since happiness heard your name, it has been running through the streets trying to find you.”

“I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.”

Picture 1577

Hafiz Life & Poetry @ HafizOnLove.com - حافـظ شیرازی 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafez

No comments: