Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Bits and Pieces

Hey America!→ Just when I start to really worry, just when I think you're filled with right-wing nut jobs and Real World contestants you do something wonderful. I love that Barack Obama has become the first African-American to run for President. Good work, US voters!!!

BB is Unkind→ Brigette Bardot is proof that the most externally beautiful people are not flawless. In fact, they can be quite awful. She was just fined for the 5th time for inciting hatred against Muslim's. She's campaigning to have animals slaughtered during Eid (a Islamic religious holiday) stunned before they're killed to lessen their pain, which is a noble cause, but why the racism, BB?!

The Tao of Mary-Kate→ Oh la la, little Miss Mary-Kate is in Elle this month promoting Influence, a coffee table book put together by MK and her sister dearest, filled with interviews with designers, artwork and photographs. The photoshoot is pretty fabulous too (minus the crazy furry halo!).

Bag Ladies→ No plastic bags, EVER!!!! The most fantastic alternative to plastic bags is the green bag and the alternative to the alternative is the "My Other Bags Are Prada" tote which is totes on my 'I Want!' list. I love nerdy word play! Bag Ladies make super duper affordable bags, I wish it were summer so I could have their "sandbag" bag swinging from my shoulder!

My Very Evil 'To Read' Pile→ Somewhere between The World's Most Evil Murderers, The World's Most Evil Dictators and Terror Attacks: The violent expression of desperation, I'm going to sandwich something a little less evil in particular Enchantment: The Life of Audrey Hepburn, After Dark by Haruki Murakami (I've only ever read his short stories so I'm interested to see what his novels are like) and The Poetry of Robert Frost which is gargantuan and only cost $8! There are now 4 bookshops and an op shop with an enormous amount of books within 5 minutes walking distance from my house, it's dangerous to my bank account.

No comments: