Monday, July 7, 2008

Anglomania!


I won't lie, I'm a mad anglophile. I love all things Anglo, but it only happened once I stopped being teased about my lack of pigment and "carrot top" hair (somewhere between 14 and 16?) and learned to accept that I'm just never going to be exotic or tanned or have visible eyebrows, that's simply not how genetics work. Pesky little blighters. But the point is obviously that my interest in D&G was peaked by these ads. Tartan and Spaniels (because there seems to be nothing more Anglo than living in a countryside manor and going pheasant shooting your gundog), argyle and a scarf knotted under the chin to keep back your pesky locks while you're riding side saddle...perhaps not.
To add to my frenzy, there are Brogues in the Vivienne Westwood/Melissa shoe collection which look as though they would melt into the shape of your feet with a single wear.

Coco Rocha dances at Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2007 show (Irish dancing to Scottish music....?)
jpg00110mjpg00140mjpg00230m
JPG Fall 2007, very highland fling.

Abaete Fall 2008, reminds me of the Crusaders (because that was such a good period in history....hmmm, maybe not)

Carolina Herrera Fall 2008, Maid Marion if she had been allowed to chuck the corset and join the Merry Men.
And obviously, at the end of the day a true Anglomaniac should be spritzing oneself with Anglomania by Vivienne Westwood. And drinking Earl Grey. Or English Breakfast.

No comments: